Specialized Pavement Marking, Inc
Highway striping is a unique vocation, and
We recognize that our competitive advantage is largely based on our employees. In order to maintain our position as an innovator in the Highway Striping industry, we're always on the lookout for hard working people with great ideas to join our ranks.
Click on Job Title to see the details and
requirements for the position.
|Highway Striper||Tualatin, OR||Ongoing|
|Highway Striper||Sumner, WA||Ongoing|
|Sweeper Operator||Tacoma, WA||Immediate Opening|
|Class A CDL Hazmat Driver||Wasilla, AK||Immediate Opening|
|Mechanic||Tualatin, OR||Immediate Opening|
The "Apply Now" Button will open a
Document. Please save this Word document to your computer. After you have completely
filled out the application (be sure to save!), email it to our HR Director
Please note - this Microsoft Word version of our application is not compatible with Word 97 -2003. Please use the printable PDF application (below) if you only have access to these earlier versions of MS Word.
For additional pages needed for Employment History
(Use with Word Version of application)
If you cannot save our job application, you can
print out a copy to fill in by hand. You can then fax the application to
our HR Director Jill Mercado at (503) 218-4883. If you have the ability
to scan the hand written application, you can also email it to
CLICK HERE - PDF Application
for PDF version of application to print
To print additional pages needed for Employment History
(Use with PRINT & FAX Version of application)
Highway Striper - All Locations
Class A CDL required.
Lift, carry, load and unload various construction items including pavement marking supplies, signs, etc.; prepare, clean and sweep work area; operate equipment to place pavement marking material on pavement; operate grinder to remove old lines and pavement markings; install marking; apply and remove temporary and permanent marking; set up and remove construction signs and traffic control items at job site.
Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to job site; clean grinders and paint machines; install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts and supports; general maintenance and repair of equipment; other work related duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform in the position is qualifying. A typical combination includes:
Use of motorized equipment
and basic maintenance procedures; occupational hazards and safety
practices related to roadway work zones, equipment and materials used in
markings, and safety procedures
for securing and transporting cargo.
Three years in pavement
striping, traffic control procedures, and signals.
Ability to: Read, interpret and analyze engineering plans as they relate to and describe pavement marking procedures; ability to properly use special traffic control procedures; ability to read, understand and to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision; exercise proper judgment in determining and correcting potential hazardous conditions in the field; comply with road signs, complete paperwork and knowledge of federal motor carrier safety regulations. Candidates must possess good knowledge of state and local roadways and have experience with operating vehicles of varying sizes; communicate reports and evaluations effectively both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL TASKS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS − Work is primarily performed in an outdoor setting with exposure to the elements on or around loud machinery. There is frequent need to walk, talk, see, hear or drive, ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds, and perform other similar actions during course of the workday.
Three years in pavement
striping, traffic control procedures, and signals.
Sweeper Operator - Tacoma, WA
Summer position available for a sweeper operator on a highway striping crew in Tacoma, with the potential to become permanent employment based on performance. Approximately five months of mostly prevailing wage work beginning June 1st. Wage rates range from $28-$33 per hour plus fringe benefit. Candidates must have a minimum of a Class B CDL and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test. Work is primarily performed in an outdoor setting with exposure to the elements on or around loud machinery.
Class A CDL Hazmat Driver - Wasilla, AK
Highway striping company looking for full time Class
A CDL driver with Hazmat endorsement to work as a member of the painting
support crew on prevailing wage projects averaging $30.00/hr plus fringe
Position includes loading/unloading of truck. Must be capable of lifting up to 65 lbs. Some paperwork is required so also must have accurate, legible handwriting.
Good driving record with professional driving experience and excellent customer service skills required. Candidates must pass a pre-employment DOT required drug test.
Mechanic - Tualatin, OR
Immediate opening for a full-time experienced Equipment Shop Mechanic for a large highway striping and pavement marking company in Tualatin, Oregon. Career minded and goal-oriented individuals willing to make a long-term commitment will appreciate the vibrant and challenging opportunities this growing company has to offer.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance and repairs of highway striping equipment and fleet
• Perform road tests on vehicles in order to assure proper operating levels
• Occasional service and repair of equipment in the field
• Repair gasoline, diesel, and propane powered equipment and vehicles, and all related components including transmissions, brakes, drive trains, cooling and electrical systems
• Unusual or difficult repair tasks
• Perform diagnostic inspections on equipment to identify electrical, mechanical, or other problems
• Communicate with equipment operators or supervisors, drive and operate vehicles, or use diagnostic test equipment to identify problems
• Repair smaller equipment such as pumps, small engines, or compressors
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment
• Five (5) years auto / diesel mechanic experience or tech school equivalent
• Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one
• Auto electrician and hydraulics skills
• Must supply own tools
• Extensive knowledge of the methods and tools used in the repair of gasoline, diesel, or propane maintenance, pumps, and grinding machines
• Excellent problem solving abilities -- identify and resolve problems timely; gather and analyze information skillfully; demonstrate accuracy, use time efficiently and complete projects on time
• Adaptability -- Ability to easily flow between tasks performed in a shop setting or operations conducted in the field with crews on job sites. Must be able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and manage the competing demands and multiple tasks generated in a changing work environment
• Good oral and written communication skills lend to the high level of professionalism and teamwork expected in this position
Salary and Classification:
• Competitive wage based on experience ($18 - $30 per hour, DOE), 401k and insurance benefit package negotiable
• Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours / wk, year round work (NO layoff in slow season)
• Varying shifts and weekend work may be required during peak operations